PMA-Lite™ LED Photolysis Device is specifically designed for photoactivation of PMAxx™, propidium monoazide (PMA) and other similar dyes.
#E90002 PMA-Lite™ LED Photolysis Device
The PMA-Lite™ LED Photolysis Device can be used to provide continuous illumination for up to 18 samples at a time, for convenient and controlled photoactivation of PMA, PMAxx™, and similar dyes.
- Holds up to 18 vials (1.5-2 mL size)
- Multiple LEDs provide even illumination to the sides and bottoms of all vials
- Internal fan to maintain temperature ≤37°C
- Timer for 10, 15, 20 or 30 minutes of photolysis
- Universal outlet adapter included for customers outside North America
- Two-year warranty from date of purchase
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 8.25 x 6.25 x 2.625 in. (21 x 15.9 x 6.7 cm)
- Weight: 3 lb. 10.7 oz. (1.66 kg)
- Frequency Range: 50~60 Hz
- Power Range: 100~240 VAC
- Internal 120/240 V converter
- Maximum Power: 60 W
- LED Output Wavelength: 465-475 nm
PMA for viability PCR
PMA is a photo-reactive dye that binds to dsDNA with high affinity and can be used for the selective detection of viable pathogens by qPCR. PMAxx™ is a new and improved photoreactive dye for viability PCR. Learn more about PMA and PMAxx™. Each purchase of PMA-Lite™ Photolysis Device includes a free trial size of PMAxx™.
Other PMA-related products:
We also offer the Glo-Plate™ Blue, a flat LED illuminator for viability PCR. While our standard PMA-Lite™ LED photolysis device was designed for use with microcentrifuge tubes, the Glo-Plate™ Blue device allows for more flexible assay set-ups, including multi-well plates for high-throughput assays. The base of the Glo-Plate™ Blue chamber contains blue LED lights topped with a diffuser, allowing for even illumination across samples.
For viability PCR of gram-negative bacteria we highly recommend using our new PMA Enhancer (31038) in conjunction with PMA. PMA Enhancer for Gram Negative Bacteria was designed to improve PMA-mediated discrimination between live and dead gram-negative bacteria. When a sequence from a gram-negative bacteria is amplified by PCR, samples pre-treated with Enhancer show a decrease in the signal from dead cells, with no change in the signal from live cells.
Also see our strain-specific PMA Real-Time PCR Bacterial Viability Kits with validated primers for 5 selected pathogens: M. tuberculosis, S. aureus, MRSA, Salmonella, and E. coli O157:H7. These kits provide everything that you need for the selective detection of your favorite species of live bacteria by real-time PCR.